Friday, November 23, 2012

Lincoln The Emancipator

I am not a movie critic by any means, but I wanted to share my experience with the movie Lincoln. This is going to be, hands down, the Oscar winner for best picture. The star, Daniel Day-Lewis will, hands down, will win the Oscar for Best Actor. And there will be various other Oscars for this Movie. The movie is about the three months leading up to the passing of the 13th Amendment. The Law that gave Freedom to the Slaves. It also shows how the end of the Civil war came about after the Amendment was passed.  Day-Lewis channels Lincoln to the point where you believe you are watching a documentary. You know what is going to happen but the excitement builds to the passing and you actually want to stand up and cheer. There are a few movies that I have seen where the audience actually applauds at the end and this was one of them. I would highly recommend this movie and I will probably go see it again.

PERSONAL POLITICAL OPINION......Read at your own risk.

I find it ironic that the Republicans passed this bill with the help of a few bribed Democrats. And yet the Black population is entrenched in the Democratic party today.

No comments:

Post a Comment