Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Tuesday

Mrs. Cossa
Tuesday is a happy day for me because I get to go and spend the afternoon with a class of sixth grade students. I like them all very much. I love the Teacher, Mrs. Cossa. It is fun to watch her deal with these kids and to attempt to keep them under control. They are wired after Thanksgiving Holiday. They are basically a great group of kids, but they are 12 years old and they have their moments. I help Mrs.Cossa with her busy work, cutting and copying. I help the students with their reading program and with their spelling. I also take individual students and have them read out loud to me. I try to encourage them that reading is very important in their lives. They can pretty much go where ever the minds can take them with reading.So all in all Tuesday is a special day to me. I should add that my Grand daughter Tashena is also in this class. Sometimes it proves awkward. Today for instance, I have long unruly hair. Tashena today said, "Grandpa, did you even make an attempt to comb your hair today?" All kinds of giggles around the classroom.I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment