Thursday, November 22, 2012

Abravenal Hall

This is the beautiful Abravanel Hall in downtown Salt lake City. It is the home of the Utah Symphony which I have enjoyed many times. I have heard in concert, Mandy Patimkin of Princess Bride fame. He is a very fine singer and loves to sing tunes from Ira Gershwin. I have seen Anne Murray a fellow Canadian who I enjoyed very much. Recently I saw Amy Grant there, and it was a fun night as she sang songs yelled out from the audience. My family always plays her Christmas albums as we lead up to Christmas Day. One of my favorite songs is "Midnight" from Cats and I had the priveledge of hearing Elaine Paige sing it. She was in the original cast of Cats. She is a beautiful lady with an an incredible voice. I enjoyed that concert very much. I went two weeks ago to hear Ravel's Bolero with the Utah Symphony. That was special to me so I will describe it in another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment