Thursday, December 6, 2012

Another Happy Tuesday



Mrs Cossa in the classroom.

Every Tuesday I help with a sixth grade class. This week Mrs. Cossa said she would like me to come all day, because she had a project that needed two adults. First I told her thanks for considering me an adult, and I would love to be there. The project was a Math lesson. We made Play-Doh and had to make half a batch. The lesson was they had to figure out in fractions what the new recipe would be. Now you think making Play-Doh with sixth graders would be boring for them, but surprisingly we had a lot of fun and they liked the project. I also did some chores for Mrs. Cossa like making the word Noel in die cuts for a future project. I was requested by the students to help them in spelling and then graded their papers. I also washed all the bowls and utensils used in the Play-Doh project. Mrs. Cossa's husband is from Africa and she spent a month there on vacation. She showed some wonderful pictures, showing the Kids how they lived in small villages. I hope the Kids realize from this how good we have it here. Virginia taught school for 33 years and I hardly remember an evening at home where she didn't have schoolwork to do. My goal with Mrs. Cossa is to do as much of her busy work as I can and allow her to enjoy her family in the evening. It is a wonderful day for me and I love the Students.

No comments:

Post a Comment